Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hidden gem: Ba-Boing


Whatever happened to the cute friendly games of old? Well in short they got put down thanks to games with BFGs. Now, don’t get me wrong here, I love BFGs as much as the next guy, but I still enjoy a nice “happy” game. But why, you ask? It reminds me very much of the old “Mario” like NES games that I grew up on, even though I should have gotten a SNES or a N64, thanks dad! But I digress…

Ba-Boing is a simple, fun strategy game where you have to guide your bears to the wormhole to get to the next stage. None of the puzzles are hard to figure out, some take good timing, but the game itself is fairly easy. Ba-Boing also has no real weak areas: The gamplay is good, the graphics and artwork is very good, and the sound and music is also top notch (I love the “yay!” your bear says when he gets to the wormhole). The only somewhat weak areas are the replay value you can easily beat the game in 30 minutes or less, and the bug factor; the game can feel very glitchy at times.

Also note that the co-developer of Ba-Boing, crazycruiser is a true friend of DM1. He helped me a ton when I first took DM1 (He was actually going to be a room mod before they got canned.), and he deserves a lot of credit for DM1 being what it is today.

So friend vote the hell out of Ba-Boing!


Ba-Boing earns my Hidden Gem award.

No comments: