Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hidden Gem: Grapnel


Another hidden Gem, and an oldie at that! It was actually going to be the one of the first DM1Challenge games, but I kept putting it off until we ran out of challenges. The game is Grapnel; Grapnel is one of those “spider man” games where you swing your character around obstacles. It is a far cry better than most of the other “spider man” games out there. For one, it has stats and keeps score of everything possible, and has Kongregate API; it also doesn’t feel “buggy” at all. The graphics are pretty good, could have a deeper background, but art isn’t the easy part of a game of making a game (Trust me!). I think the reason why I generally like games like Grapnel, is that you can just pick up and play them, you don’t have to think. You don’t have to spend 10 minutes going through a tutorial. Maybe it’ll finally get a DM1 Challenge, sooner or later.

So, Grapnel receives my Hidden Gem badge!

No comments: